Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Accountant

I am exhausted! I have been working for two weeks straight with only a day of break. I like what I do but I feel like I am going to breakdown one of these days. And I’m starting school a week from Wednesday. I won’t have to get up at seven every day but I get an hour between school and work, hopefully I won’t hate myself for that schedule. I am going to take four days off next week… that will probably freak out the boss but I never ask for any days off.


I’m feeling very nervous about the courses I’m taking, Managerial Accounting, Individual Tax Income, Microeconomics, Marketing, and Career Building. Which is suppose to help me prepare for the career world. I graduate in a year and I have to start acting like a grown-up and ask people if I can look after their money as an Accountant, Ha! I can’t imagine it! Recently one of my work friends changed her major and didn’t want to become a teacher. I have been set in the Accounting road since high school and have never wavered from that. My family would just go crazy if I decide to change my major, not that I want to… I don’t even have another one in mind, it is just that I am not sure if this is for me. I think it is too late though… I really don’t have the time or the money to major hop. I envy those with the opportunity. I’ll just have to see what happens after graduation. And my mother wants me to get a masters degree, it better be in something I want if I am going for that…I don’t know what to do with myself…

No comments:

Post a Comment